This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion > Welcome

Welcome New users can introduce themselves to the community here

Old 10-02-2010, 11:25 PM   #11
Arafails
Baron

Arafails will become famous soon enough

Wikia says you're right. :/
Old 10-03-2010, 03:44 AM   #12
Ruscur
Pledge

Ruscur is on a distinguished road

Alt+P tell me I'm sitting between 400 and 450ms...that's gonna hurt in PvP no doubt. I dunno whether I should continue playing or not, it's hard to imagine that RvR would be any good, the combat may be okay but I can't imagine anything but poor coordination, considering that pretty much everyone in Alsius chat is dumb as soup, I have to wonder if there's even level 50s out there.
Ruscur no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 04:52 AM   #13
Arafails
Baron

Arafails will become famous soon enough

If you're going by Realm chat, you probably won't find too many level 50s except when they come in from the warzone to rebuild.
In any case, my experience has been that good coordination only happens within clans and parties, or when sufficient persons know each other in the local area.

PvP only really gets unplayable when you start to average 600ms or more.
Old 10-03-2010, 05:00 AM   #14
Ruscur
Pledge

Now I've just gotta find a clan, then. It's very strange for non-forum-based recruitment to occur, guess it shows that this game is pretty much purely casual.

I think I'll be right with ping, though.
Old 10-03-2010, 05:05 AM   #15
Klutu
Baron

Klutu is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruscur View Post
Alt+P tell me I'm sitting between 400 and 450ms...that's gonna hurt in PvP no doubt. I dunno whether I should continue playing or not, it's hard to imagine that RvR would be any good, the combat may be okay but I can't imagine anything but poor coordination, considering that pretty much everyone in Alsius chat is dumb as soup, I have to wonder if there's even level 50s out there.
Never listen to realm chat just lowlvls kids & drunken blabber (shh:P) - if you want a active warring clan in Alsius - P.E.R.L (my clan) & Samsara are prolly the best to go Samsara I Believe is more European so it might be the wiser choice

http://www.regnumonline.com.ar/ranki...ld=horus&opt=6 <--- link to the alsius top clans

Trust me the Warzone & Inner Realm are 2 different Situations ^^
Old 10-03-2010, 07:09 AM   #16
Ulti19
Master

Ulti19 will become famous soon enough

You choose to be a knight, good for you ^^ This is the best class in the game in my opinion. If you like to shield your friends or go the opposite way and deal decent damage, the knight has great versatility and a great choice. Also we can be damn hard to kill if we skill for it
If you need help in game about knight stuff, ask me in game chat /Ultimate.
Old 10-03-2010, 11:14 AM   #17
Ruscur
Pledge

I did have a look at PERL, being the top Alsius clan and all. Are there any officers (don't think that's the Regnum term, oh well) I can talk to about joining? I know I'm a low level, just wanted to have a chat, I have a pretty rich competitive gaming history.

And yeah, I'm liking the Knight, pretty boring at the moment, but of course more depth is added once levels are gained, and there's some really nifty stuff there that I can imagine would be really good in RvR. Warhammer Online introduced me to tanks in PvP (which is unheard of amongst other games), and I love it, being able to stomp through the line and disable the enemy healer while simultaneously drawing enemy attention and buffing allies. The ability to stroll on into an enemy line and lead the way, and disable priority targets, is very much my style.

One thing that'll no doubt encourage my girlfriend to play this game is that it's the only MMO I've played where female Dwarves aren't ugly. I'm calling it right now, I'd say she'll play a marksman, or a barbarian. Probably a warlock if Dwarves could be mages (magi?). Any suggestion on a class (or subclass) that would be easier to play for someone who isn't as naturally good at video games as I am? Would a marksman or hunter be more difficult? I'm thinking a marksman would be more difficult while in combat, but a hunter would require better decision-making and situational awareness. But I have nothing to base that on.
Old 10-03-2010, 11:38 AM   #18
Miraculix
Count

Miraculix will become famous soon enough

Marksman is probably the easiest class.
Miraculix no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 02:41 PM   #19
Gabburtjuh
Baron

Gabburtjuh is on a distinguished road

well, theres Winged Wolf tavern which is a reasonably active clan, death, where im in, is reasonably active during US time, and we got another aussie :P, further i can just advise you to not go to the clans with like 200 members just inviting you without asking anything, in alsius this are mostly big clans with alot of low players that will never get higher, all thats left to say then is that you can also just ask in realm if there are any experienced players on, they might not be in realm chat, but ppl in realm chat can give you names you can pm.

You can also pm me, dutch wannabe tank/dutch twister killz/gendor the dwarf/dutch tornado killz, but i have no idea if you can consider me a vet

One Bite Snack, 60 barb / Wang King, 60 knight
Gabburtjuh no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 03:32 PM   #20
Miraculix
Count

Miraculix will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabburtjuh View Post
but i have no idea if you can consider me a vet
Do you heal animals?
Miraculix no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote