English

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion > Welcome

Welcome New users can introduce themselves to the community here

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2014, 11:31 AM   #11
Cresto008
Initiate
 
Cresto008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 101
Cresto008 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollow-Ichigo View Post
Why the hell does everyone join syrtis. Fuckin conspiracy. Also hi.
Cuz Legolas aka Orlando Bloom

P.S - Heya Calamela, since you're still a new player, it's not too late to switch realms. Best join alsius. We got beer, most diverse climatic and geographic topology in the entire game and not to mention loads of friendly players willing to help selflessly. In syrtis, you hardly find any selfless helpers. You can count those who help in syrtis on one hand.

Economically, alsius is best for beginners, prices are not retardedly high here. On an average, ignis and syrtis put forward quite some exhorbitant prices and are plain rude when you question them about the reason for high prices. I'm not saying there are no rip off traders in alsius, but comparitively, they are far better than other two realms. What you consider a rip off in alsius would be a casual price expected in other two realms.

In levelling point of view, alsius is the smallest realm of all three, as such doing letter tasks is FAR more easier than in syrtis. For grinding (killing monsters/mobs for experience and subsequent level up) purposes, there's no other place better than Alsius Orc Camp and Syrtis Orc's Riverside for levels 50-57 (most crucial stage of leveling) in this entire game. But, unfortunately, Syrtis Orc place is at borders of enemy realm and entails many gankers (shameless hunters who kill people grinding over and over again because they are pussies to fight in wars)

War wise, alsius and ignis are two good realms. Syrtis plain sucks, seldom initiates any major fort war without any relic incentive and you should keep the relic lock in mind. In syrtis, there are only 3-4 players who are affluent in war and rest just follow. And without these 3-4 players, even though syrtis has numbers, they will idle at central save. Alsius on the other hand, has quite some robust war parties and there's rarely a time without some kind of warring, be it either at bridge or orc camp or some random fort.

I'll stop now, I feel I've already given too much, but yeah, you should re-consider joining alsius. I don't want new people rage quitting the game by playing the worst possible realm for beginners at the moment (not based on war performace, but on over all game play experience) on Haven server.

Last edited by Cresto008; 05-19-2014 at 11:57 AM.
Cresto008 no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 12:13 PM   #12
Rising_Cold
Master
 
Rising_Cold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 549
Rising_Cold is on a distinguished road
Default

meh this discussion again >.<

as you can prolly see we all think our own realm is best
most beautifull or most skilled so welcome to our community ^^

I hope you'll have fun, enjoy the game and get killed by me a lot
__________________
Winter Wolf (hunt) Winter Mage (conju) Winter Strike (knight) Winter's Big Bro (barb)
I used Mind Blank too much, now I'm too dumb to resist anything.
Rising_Cold no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 01:06 PM   #13
Wi3ld
Master
 
Wi3ld's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Under your bed
Posts: 251
Wi3ld is on a distinguished road
Default

Hey, and welcome.

Out of curiosity, can you please enlighten me as to how you came to choose Syrtis? Most new players entering these forums tend to swing that way, and I was just wondering why.

The Ignis marketing team is evidently doing a terrible job.
__________________
Memoize [Knight]
Wi3ld no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 03:59 PM   #14
Calamela
Pledge
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 5
Calamela is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresto008 View Post
Cuz Legolas aka Orlando Bloom

P.S - Heya Calamela, since you're still a new player, it's not too late to switch realms. Best join alsius. We got beer, most diverse climatic and geographic topology in the entire game and not to mention loads of friendly players willing to help selflessly. In syrtis, you hardly find any selfless helpers. You can count those who help in syrtis on one hand.

Economically, alsius is best for beginners, prices are not retardedly high here. On an average, ignis and syrtis put forward quite some exhorbitant prices and are plain rude when you question them about the reason for high prices. I'm not saying there are no rip off traders in alsius, but comparitively, they are far better than other two realms. What you consider a rip off in alsius would be a casual price expected in other two realms.

In levelling point of view, alsius is the smallest realm of all three, as such doing letter tasks is FAR more easier than in syrtis. For grinding (killing monsters/mobs for experience and subsequent level up) purposes, there's no other place better than Alsius Orc Camp and Syrtis Orc's Riverside for levels 50-57 (most crucial stage of leveling) in this entire game. But, unfortunately, Syrtis Orc place is at borders of enemy realm and entails many gankers (shameless hunters who kill people grinding over and over again because they are pussies to fight in wars)

War wise, alsius and ignis are two good realms. Syrtis plain sucks, seldom initiates any major fort war without any relic incentive and you should keep the relic lock in mind. In syrtis, there are only 3-4 players who are affluent in war and rest just follow. And without these 3-4 players, even though syrtis has numbers, they will idle at central save. Alsius on the other hand, has quite some robust war parties and there's rarely a time without some kind of warring, be it either at bridge or orc camp or some random fort.

I'll stop now, I feel I've already given too much, but yeah, you should re-consider joining alsius. I don't want new people rage quitting the game by playing the worst possible realm for beginners at the moment (not based on war performace, but on over all game play experience) on Haven server.
Beer and the talk of war is not a good way to win someone like me over. Sorry. Besides, I have found a few nice people already who seem to be really kind to talk to and stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wi3ld View Post
Hey, and welcome.

Out of curiosity, can you please enlighten me as to how you came to choose Syrtis? Most new players entering these forums tend to swing that way, and I was just wondering why.

The Ignis marketing team is evidently doing a terrible job.
I looked at the images they showed and Syrtis showed a pretty place with green trees, grass, beaches with pretty oceans, forest creatures, and other pretty stuff. Alsius was full of snow and looked all cold and dreary. It didnt look inviting or even pleasant. I didnt go to Ignis because it looks evil and evil is bad.
Calamela no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 04:57 PM   #15
Cresto008
Initiate
 
Cresto008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 101
Cresto008 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calamela View Post
Alsius was full of snow and looked all cold and dreary. It didnt look inviting or even pleasant. I didnt go to Ignis because it looks evil and evil is bad.
http://www.howardforums.com/attachme...8&d=1393507882
Cresto008 no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 05:04 PM   #16
pauluzz
Initiate
 
pauluzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 178
pauluzz is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calamela View Post
I looked at the images they showed and Syrtis showed a pretty place with green trees, grass, beaches with pretty oceans, forest creatures, and other pretty stuff. Alsius was full of snow and looked all cold and dreary. It didnt look inviting or even pleasant. I didnt go to Ignis because it looks evil and evil is bad.

I totally agree +1!
__________________
Best,

Pauluzz - Warlockz - Paul - Pauluzu - Paululu - Felicica --- INQUISITION
pauluzz no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 03:17 AM   #17
Pokuru
Pledge
 
Pokuru's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 9
Pokuru is on a distinguished road
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calamela View Post
I didnt go to Ignis because it looks evil and evil is bad.
What's wrong with being evil? Isn't being evil fun? It's why I went Ignis.
What kind of person in their right mind would want to be a sissy elf in a happy tree land.

I also like Ignis because it reminds me of Morrowind, especially the Ashlands when we have sandstorms.
__________________
~Poku
Pokuru no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 07:47 AM   #18
Rising_Cold
Master
 
Rising_Cold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 549
Rising_Cold is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calamela View Post
I looked at the images they showed and Syrtis showed a pretty place with green trees, grass, beaches with pretty oceans, forest creatures, and other pretty stuff. Alsius was full of snow and looked all cold and dreary. It didnt look inviting or even pleasant. I didnt go to Ignis because it looks evil and evil is bad.
sigh this is so true.. my first thought of seeing the game was 'i wanna join syrtis'
but my friend was in alsius so i got to play here, and tbh we got the most pretty nights ^^
besides.. who doesnt love pine trees :3
__________________
Winter Wolf (hunt) Winter Mage (conju) Winter Strike (knight) Winter's Big Bro (barb)
I used Mind Blank too much, now I'm too dumb to resist anything.
Rising_Cold no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 07:56 AM   #19
pieceofmeat
Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 479
pieceofmeat is on a distinguished road
Default

Why not join all realms?
pieceofmeat no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 09:17 AM   #20
Calamela
Pledge
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 5
Calamela is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pieceofmeat View Post
Why not join all realms?
I like how you think. I wish I could. In fact, I wish I could just run peacefully in any realm I want without fear of someone going to kill me, but I know that wont happen. Its nice to think of it though.
Calamela no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
NGD Studios 2002-2016 © All rights reserved