English
This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 05-06-2010, 03:38 PM   #1
HidraA
Banned

HidraA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Review of RO by players goodies/bad

POST HERE YOU OPINION ABOUT RO AS MMOPRG GAME

Well duno ..but the true i dont care about MMO sanctuary..or anothers sites
review about RO because opinion is madet by 2 people...
Please dont write thinks "i agree" or "not agree" becasue is each player opinion about RO.

After 2 years of playng RO i leavet him one week a go and going to find anothers free MMOPRG...i was surprised(i tryed even payble MMOPRg games).

Game client
At this i can say after trying lots of anothers games isnt that bad...client hase acceptable size with and patching with hotfix can be very short(only sometimes when connection with server is bad is slow).I found clients with size around 6 Gb
and times download/install/patching was around 5 hours...

Video graphics/sounds.
Personaly i think grahics is ok more realistic like anothers games.I dont like "hentai" style of graphics (if i want this i go to look cartoon network).Yes are lots of graphic buga around but are usual..anygame has lots of graphical bugs.
Sound at the moment is very bad ...there is a bug what make you too lose fps what are vitaly for playng RO.
And in general sound isnt that great ,a few generic sounds.NPC dont say someting(like "heloo"..etc)

Game Play
Umm gameplay hase a fast fight and lots of movements...time by time fight is broken by lagg but isnt that bad..is medium speed and combination of combat.
What have minus in gameplay ..after a wile became boring...there is no crafting or learning new skills like blacksmith what can make more particularyties of each class and the game more complex.
Warriors have some basic skills after you decide your subclass you learn a few new speels lots of them not working.
In my opinion basic tree of skill for each class must be madet by 2 trees and learn more 4 tree with skils of each subclass...to be realy diferent .
But is a good combat system madet and isnt that slow like anothers games.
Quests are very sample..go teher ant talk,go there and kill.
Are not quests with solving puzzles or another thinks.
The boring think is grinding mobs...are a few quests and there isnt another posiblitys or offline work or somethink to make xp or gold.
Control of game is good one.You can see from 3-th person to first person with camera.
Selection system work(not awesome but work better like anothers) ..saw 5 games with worst slect targed sytem..even click mobs was hard work.(and tha games was rated awesome by "sites what make review of game".

Goodies:
-native Linux client
-RvR game
-Realistic graphics
-small client size
Bad:
-lack suport of players (even premium)
-missing crafting and another activites

Edited:I dont consideret balance/drop system etc because are particularities of game and there will be ever discusion about this in all games.

Last edited by HidraA; 05-06-2010 at 06:02 PM.
HidraA no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 12:11 AM   #2
DemonMonger
Marquis

DemonMonger is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HidraA View Post
POST HERE YOU OPINION ABOUT RO AS MMOPRG GAME

Well duno ..but the true i dont care about MMO sanctuary..or anothers sites
review about RO because opinion is madet by 2 people...
Please dont write thinks "i agree" or "not agree" becasue is each player opinion about RO.

After 2 years of playng RO i leavet him one week a go and going to find anothers free MMOPRG...i was surprised(i tryed even payble MMOPRg games).
I left regnum many times... but I always return, I love the potential that is here.

Game client
At this i can say after trying lots of anothers games isnt that bad...client hase acceptable size with and patching with hotfix can be very short(only sometimes when connection with server is bad is slow).I found clients with size around 6 Gb
and times download/install/patching was around 5 hours...
Yes this game patches pretty fast... but there are somethings that are still broken. It does not matter how fast the patch comes, but how much gets fixed by the patch. Also if the devs correct critical problems (skills item dupes) quickly.

Video graphics/sounds.
Personaly i think grahics is ok more realistic like anothers games.I dont like "hentai" style of graphics (if i want this i go to look cartoon network).Yes are lots of graphic buga around but are usual..anygame has lots of graphical bugs.
..I like the graphics of this game as they are..

Sound at the moment is very bad ...there is a bug what make you too lose fps what are vitaly for playng RO.
And in general sound isnt that great ,a few generic sounds.NPC dont say someting(like "heloo"..etc)
I don't care much for sound..... just combat sounds... However, adding sounds for out dance and taunts could be nice

Game Play
Umm gameplay hase a fast fight and lots of movements...time by time fight is broken by lagg but isnt that bad..is medium speed and combination of combat.
What have minus in gameplay ..after a wile became boring...there is no crafting or learning new skills like blacksmith what can make more particularyties of each class and the game more complex.
Warriors have some basic skills after you decide your subclass you learn a few new speels lots of them not working.
In my opinion basic tree of skill for each class must be madet by 2 trees and learn more 4 tree with skils of each subclass...to be realy diferent .
But is a good combat system madet and isnt that slow like anothers games.
Quests are very sample..go teher ant talk,go there and kill.
Are not quests with solving puzzles or another thinks.
The boring think is grinding mobs...are a few quests and there isnt another posiblitys or offline work or somethink to make xp or gold.
Control of game is good one.You can see from 3-th person to first person with camera.
Selection system work(not awesome but work better like anothers) ..saw 5 games with worst slect targed sytem..even click mobs was hard work.(and tha games was rated awesome by "sites what make review of game".

Goodies:
-native Linux client
-RvR game
-Realistic graphics
-small client size
Bad:
-lack suport of players (even premium)
Players stopped supporting because they were told they would get one thing and got another.... First rule was no horses in the warzone and that premium would not effect combat rvr, but look now, we have premium armors weapons and people that stun you and run away on horses. Premium is out of balance with what ngd promised.
-missing crafting and another activites
There should be a quest that we can do as repeat to have a horse for 24 hours to rebalance non premium vs premium

Edited:I dont consideret balance/drop system etc because are particularities of game and there will be ever discusion about this in all games.
Interesting... let's see what people say (comments in green)
Regnum was and still is a great game... I will continue to support it by telling others to join and have fun!
DemonMonger no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 10:40 AM   #3
MalaTempora
Initiate

MalaTempora is on a distinguished road

interesting.. i try to put my humble opinion:

- I play in my little spare time, so i'm not a very hardcore (or probably i'm not
what i could really be if my RL was not so full...but maybe this is a good thing?
) but since i discover this game in a website with linux games and after
i've try a bit to play i give this game to all my friends in RL (and internet)
and we mass move here (almost all the starting clanmembers are RL friends ),
we enjoy the game so much that after 1 year (and almost half..) we are all
still here... playing and having fun..

so:
(PRO)

- RvR warzone really good with only the old one in DAOC to stay over (or my
true love UOL..but too ancient to be compared),
all the other games i try are not su fun in wz... and the wz can be boostered
here if NGD put some effort on it (!!!)
True that sometime the warzone appear a madmax desert or deadzone
but when alive the fun is on and i'm happy to spend some spare time on
this game again one time

- Different Classes -->Different way of play, ok there are real holes in
the class vs class balances but true balance is a myth and appear that
NGD move in the right direction (hope that )

- Funny people to chat, imvho there is a real low number of DUMMYCHILD
around in this game... or at least in the ignis (horus) side, ok i can be lucky
and ok my clan mates are really good ppl, but usually in those games there
are invasions of little no-brained or poor-brained guys with "bad temper"
and "little fun spirits", instead here apart from rare situation where "some
one" start a flame there are the RIGHT moods ever, talking, jokin' , fighting
the other sides and having fun in total..

- Linux client native (TOTALLY ROCK THIS)

(CONS)

- QUEST for leveling are boring and not interactive.. maybe NGD must
do some interactive quest(*not the place to discuss that..but this can
be done with trigger and other things)

- MOB are BORING (REALLY), grinding is a "via crucis" to reach the 50, true
that at least with a lvl 40 char you can have fun in wz.... but playing with the lvl50
is another pair of hands.. (i've only my knight to 50.. and i've the most fun
with him)

- ITEMS and COLORED items need to be improved (i wanna guild personal color, guild shield crest, guild cloak, realm cloak, realm shields, and other
useless but funny things..)

- Gestures.. please increment the action a char can do... this raise the fun
and probably is not so hard to do (this is easy, cause is not my duty D,
in my town there is the rude sentences :"it's easy to be gay with other a$$")
:-D

- Realm number must be balanced better... (but this a hard work i suppose)

- RvR mechanic can be done better, to raise interaction with item and zone
MalaTempora no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 09:37 PM   #4
Shuniman
Apprentice

Shuniman is on a distinguished road

Sorry for say that but "I am agree" with almost all that you wrote HidraA .

I can add that the worst graphical bug is the error with the animations(example: when you start an attack and your target starts moving, and your character starts moving to the target, but with the attack animation, without moving his legs like "walking").
There is other graphs that I don't like, like the bridges.

The gameplay is good, there is others games with better gameplay, but there is a lot of other games ( payable games too) that has horrible gameplay. The only thing I sugest is add any circle or something under the target, to recognise it better.

The client height is average, I can't say anything.

And the support is really bad, but I think is because there is no suficient forum and/or website staf.

I played many and many games in my life, and I played many and many mmorpg, mmofps, mmorts, and others online games . I have too much experience, and i can say, to resume, that this is a Good game, but it can be better.

Cya!
Old 05-11-2010, 06:06 AM   #5
Revolverxxx
Initiate

Revolverxxx is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuniman View Post
I played many and many games in my life, and I played many and many mmorpg, mmofps, mmorts, and others online games . I have too much experience, and i can say, to resume, that this is a Good game, but it can be better.
I agree with you. ive played alot of mmorpg's too. Regnum Online has an extremely high potential. at the moment its not the best but the idea of the possibilities of what the game can become is keeping me here (sort of). its unique in its own way and im positive that with the NGD is planning on doing, its gona be amoungst the best free game out there